How to make thick, freshly baked feta and spinach greek luxury waffles for a copycat luxury hotel style brunch in the comfort of your own home. I’m using the VonShef Dual Round waffle maker for the perfect simple, quick fluffy luxury waffles recipe.
Ingredients – waffles
- 4 x large eggs
- 2 tbsp oliv oil
- 40g / 1/4 plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100 g | 3.5oz baby spinach finely chopped
- 1 large potato such as Maris Piper, cooked and cubed
- 80 g | 2.8oz feta cheese crumbled
- 3 spring onions scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- cooking spray for the waffle maker
Ingredients – Tzatziki
- 300 g | 10.5oz Greek Yoghurt
- 150 g | 5.3oz cucumber seeds removed (about half large cucumber)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 larg garlic glove finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsbp olive oil
Method (15 min prep, 5 mins cook time)
- Coarsely grate the cucumber in a bowl and sprinkle with the salt. Let it stand for 5 minutes and then use your hands to squeeze most of the moisture out.
- Mix well with the yoghurt, garlic, oregano and lemon juice and drizzle with the olive oil. Cover and put in the fridge until needed.
- Boil the potato until fork tender. Cool, peel and cut into small cubes. Set aside.
- Preheat your Von Shef Dual Round waffle maker and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, salt and oil. Sift the flour and baking powder over the bowl and then mix together until batter is smooth.
- Fold in the potato, chopped spinach, feta, spring onion and herbs.
- Use enough batter to fill about half the surface of your Von Shef Dual Round waffle maker – remember it will expand when you close the lid so don’t overfill.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until golden and firm. Carefully transfer to a warm plate. Repeat with rest of the batter – depending on the size and depth of your waffle maker you will end up with 3-4 large waffle frittatas.
- Serve the waffles hot or cold with the tzatziki as a side dip.